WHAM Home Repair Newsletter February 2016
Wishbone's Tip of the Month:
LET'S PLAY TAG!
Is the cold and snow keeping you and your four legged friends inside? Don't forget they need play time (or some call it "exercise"). I bet we all agree that "play time" just sounds better! So let's get up and get moving with a game of tag!
Go grab our favorite toy and start running around the house, or outside as long as it is not too cold. No matter what, the four legged ones always win! This is great exercise (ugh, that word again) for us and you. Keeping active year round will keep us all a little healthier.
No excuses, let's start playing. Just because it's cold outside doesn't mean we can't have fun! Plus, think of all the kisses you will get in return. It's a win, win for both of us!
Can't get enough of Wishbone's Tips, click on the image above to see more!
Is your home in need of a door or window? You don't have to go to a "big box" store; visit ReHouse Architectural Salvage. They have many products in great, used condition waiting to be "re-homed" to you. It will make for a fun decision when you have so many options to choose from; including doors, windows, plumbing, lighting, flooring and everything in between. At ReHouse, you will find a wide variety of modern and antique products to match every style.
Call or visit their showroom to see the many opportunities that await your decorating needs. ReHouse Architectural Salvage is constantly updating their inventory. Make them your first stop when you need that something "special" to make your house a home!
***A little fact that you probably didn't know, ReHouse donates a percentage of their sales to non-profit organizations!
(click on the image above to visit their website)
469 W Ridge Rd.
Rochester, NY 14615
If your roof is in need of replacement, there is only one solution for you: The Metal Roof Outlet. They are committed to providing superior products and outstanding service, combined with experienced technicians. By choosing a metal roof, you will enhance the beauty of your home while protecting your investment.
Benefits of a metal roof:
They have an impressive showroom where you can virtually see what your roof will look like. Make the right choice with a lasting impression. Call or visit The Metal Roof Outlet.
- 120 MPH Wind Warranty
- Class 4 Hail Rated with 2.5" Hail Stone Warranty
- Class A Fire Rated
- Will not split, peel or crack
- Lifetime Limited Transferable Warranty
- Lightweight and long lasting Steel
- Can be installed as a new roof or over existing shingles
- Available in a wide range of colors and styles
1513 Empire Blvd., Webster, NY 14580
It's time to hang up that shovel and give your back a break! Call John Welch Enterprises today. They have a full staff ready 24 hours a day, seven days a week. No job is too big or small. Make sure you stay safe and warm this winter. Leave it to the professionals.
1723 State Route 444, Victor, NY 14564-9331
The Tillman's Historic Village Inn is not just "another restaurant". It is a piece of history that dates back to 1824. So while you dine in this award winning restaurant, you can enjoy the many artifacts of years past. History is what defines them and that's why they continue the traditon with pride and loyality to the story of this landmark location.
The Tillman's Historic Village Inn, offers a menu that will ensure your continued patronage. Their pride in quality and service has afforded them top marks from food critics and a USA Beef Council Award for menu excellence. For many years, customers have enjoyed dining on their famous prime rib, steak and lobster. To ensure every taste pallet is met, you can enjoy pork chops, chicken, roasted turkey and hickory smoked BBQ right from their very own smoke pit. What more can you ask for? How about, jumbo shrimp, sea scallops, haddock, halibut and their amazing Alaskan King Crab Legs! The menu goes on and on.
When you make your plans to visit the Tillman's Historic Village Inn, allow time to visit their gift shop. You will find many treasures, as well as, history. If you are in need of a romantic getaway or just want to be a part of the amazing story that is the Tillman's Historic Village Inn, stay at the Fair Haven Inn. They can accommodate just an "over-nighter" or extended stay. Each room is unique and fully furnished with modern day comforts, antiques and amenities. Visit their website and view their amazing accommodations.
An ordinary restaurant? Not a chance. The Tillman's Historic Village Inn has history abound, an award winning menu, lodging on the property and a gift shop. So much awaits you here. Go online or call for information on dining options, banquets and catering service. Experience for yourself why this amazing restaurant and property was an attraction for stagecoaches from near or far.
(click on image above to visit their website)
14369 Ridge Road
Albion, NY 14411
A thin piece of impervious material (usually metal) installed to prevent the passage of water into a structure from a joint or as part of a weather resistant barrier ie: roof to siding.
When the power goes out, make sure your lights stay on with a generator from Home Power Systems. They are extensively trained and specialize in the sales, service and installation of generators. No matter what type of generator you may need for your home or commercial business, they have a variety of generators for many solutions.
By specializing in only generators, HPS provides you with quality work and trained professionals who take the time and pay attention to your specific needs. They will be there from start to finish and any service maintenance, should you need them down the road. Home Power Systems knows everything about generators so you will never be left in the dark. Call them or visit their website today.
(click on image above to visit their website)
1127 Corporate Drive East
Farmington, NY 14425
Phone: 585-421-0203 Toll free 877-421-0203
Valentine's Day Ideas
Valentine's Day is a special day for many to show loved ones just how special they really are. Love can be expressed in many ways and doesn't have to be expensive either, unless you're popping the big question! To take away some of the worries or planning, we have compiled a small list that works for both him, her and families alike.
For the Family:
- The night before Valentine's Day, after they go to bed, attach "sticky notes" to their steering wheel on how much you love them.
- Fill a jar with candy and wrap each candy with a "coupon" for ie: back-rub, laundry, make dinner, take out the garbage, etc.
- Stash heart shaped candy in different spots where they will find them throughout the day. Ie: briefcase, purse, car, etc.
- Buy their favorite flowers and attach a love note to each stem.
- Fill a big box with helium balloons. Then attach a small gift to each balloon. Imagine their surprise when they open the box!
- Plan ahead for a babysitter and have a romantic dinner for two at home with candlelight or out at your favorite restaurant.
- Order take-out or delivery from you favorite place and have a picnic on the floor.
- Create homemade Valentine's with a note on why you appreciate a family member. Do this for each person in the family.
- Spread the love. Make or bake goodies and deliver to a nursing home, hospital or homeless shelter. Call first to make certain homemade goodies are accepted.
- Plan for an overnight stay at a hotel with a pool. Many hotels have specials during the winter months for kids.
No matter what your choice may be, just make certain your Valentine knows
how much they are loved.
Recipe of the Month
1 1/4 pounds salmon fillets
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons white wine
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a medium glass bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, and white wine. Stir until brown sugar has dissolved. Reserve a small amount to use as a basting sauce; the remainder is used as a marinade.
- Place salmon fillets in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Pour in marinade, seal, and turn to coat salmon. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, turning once.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on grill, and discard marinade.
- Cook salmon for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until easily flaked with a fork.
- Baste with reserved sauce while grilling.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2016 Allrecipes.com
BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS FOR KIDS
BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ADULTS
Printed From Allrecipes.com 1/27/2016