It only takes about a quarter of an inch of creosote to catch on fire.  If you are new to a home and not sure the chimney has been cleaned or inspected, you should at least have it inspected and you will be told if you need to go any further to have it cleaned.  

Good Advice from Big Ash Fireplace and StovesJim Salmon agrees wholeheartedly!

Big Ash Chimney Sweeps will provide professional service to inspect, sweep and maintain your wood, gas, pellet, free standing stoves, inserts, fireplaces, chimneys and more…give them a call at 585-638-0300!